Sunday 4 October 2009

Going Crazy!



After ranting about how I didn't like crazy patchwork last weekend I decided I shouldn't be so negative and had a go at a sample today. I'm afraid it is the ugliest example you will ever see but perhaps it will look better when I've added some embroidery and binding!
I've also added a couple of pages to my sketchbook. The first is inspired by an article in the current issue of Quilting Arts and for this I used paint colour charts froma DIY store to make a mosaic landscape:















I really like this and would like to have a go at a quilted version. The second was just some simple string printing with 2 small blocks:



So I am making progress ....... slowly!

5 comments:

  1. Like the idea of the paint shade cards - very ingeneous [if that's how you spell it]! I think your string print too. Bet your glad you have done your crazy patchwork sample!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel - the collage/ mosaic is really effective. It would look great made with fabric. The crazy patchwork looks good too! Not surprisingly I have not done any artwork yet - always try to avoid it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rachel - you know how I love crazy patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment too Janet. My plan to do the artwork straight into a sketchbook seems to be working so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting work there, even if not my cup of tea. I shall enjoy seeing what you do though.

    ReplyDelete